- April 20: Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed After Toyota Yaris Crash news | 14 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Recalls 2016 Avalon and Camry For Airbag Failures recalls | 21 days ago
- April 6: Toyota Recalls Nearly 17,000 Vehicles in Two Recalls recalls | 28 days ago
- March 29: Paying More For a Car Doesn't Mean Having Good Headlights news | 36 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 62 days ago
Oil Line Leak For Vvti
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,320 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer replaced small hose (3 reports)