- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
- May 13: Over 11.5 Million Vehicles Recalled Due To Explosive Takata Airbag Inflators
- May 3: NHTSA: No Toyota Corolla Unintended Acceleration Investigation
- April 12: Lawsuit Filed Over 2012 Toyota Camry Air Conditioner Smell
- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
Oil Line Leak For Vvti
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,320 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer replaced small hose (3 reports)