- February 10: Scion FR-S Recalled to Fix Rollaway Threat recalls | 2 days ago
- February 2: Toyota Recalls Older Vehicles With Airbags That Spontaneously Deploy recalls | 10 days ago
- January 26: Takata Recalls 5 Million Airbags Affecting 10 Automakers recalls | 17 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Yaris Crash Kills 5 in California news | 39 days ago
- December 28: 2016 Top Safety Pick+ Award Winners news | 46 days ago
Oil Line Leak For Vvti
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,320 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer replaced small hose (3 reports)